Last Updated on August 23, 2020
Sana Ganguly is a star kid. She is the daughter of the former Indian cricketer and the 39th President of BCCI, Sourav Ganguly.
Sana Ganguly was born on Saturday, 3 November 2001 (age 18 years; as in 2019) in Behala, Kolkata. Her zodiac sign is Scorpio.
She did her schooling from Kolkata’s La Martiniere for Girls and Loreto House School. After completing her schooling, Sana went to England’s Oxford University to pursue further education.
Just like her mother, Dona Ganguly, Sana is also a trained Odissi dancer. She has received training in classical music from Kaushiki Chakraborty. Sana gave her first stage performance by playing the role of young ‘Krishna’ in the dance drama “Krishna” when she was just 7 years old.
Height (approx.): 5′ 4″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
Sana Ganguly belongs to a Bengali Kanyakubja Brahmin Family. Wikipedia She is the daughter of the popular Indian cricketer, Sourav Ganguly and the Odissi dancer, Dona Ganguly. She is the only daughter of her parents. Sana is the granddaughter of Chandidas Ganguly and Nirupa Ganguly. Sanjeev Roy and Swapna Roy are her maternal grandparents.
In December 2019, Sana shared an excerpt from Khuswant Singh’s book “The end of India” through her Instagram account, expressing her dissent over the crackdown of police on the students of Jamia Millia Islamia University who were protesting against the Citizenship (Amendment) Act. While some people appreciated her for speaking out on the matter, others condemned her for her actions. After her post started receiving hate comments, Sana’s father, Sourav Ganguly, took to Twitter and said that his daughter was too young to understand politics and people should keep her out of all the controversy. Later, Sana deleted her Instagram post.NEWS 18
- Dessert: Mishti Doi
- Festival: Holi
- Travel Destination: London
- Colour: Black
- Her hobbies include shopping, swimming, and travelling.
- She is fond of animals and has a pet dog, Sugar.
- Sana is very active on social media and has more than 77k followers on her Instagram account.
- In 2019, Sana performed with her mother during a Holi special event at the Indian Museum in Kolkata.
- Sana made her television debut with an advertisement for a jewellery brand. Sana appeared in the advertisement along with her father, Sourav Ganguly.