Last Updated on August 21, 2020
Prachi Tehlan is an actress, sportsperson, and entrepreneur. She was the youngest captain of Indian Netball team in Commonwealth Games 2010 and in other major Asian Championships in 2010-11. She is best known for playing the role of ‘Arzoo Rathi’ in the TV serial, “Diya Aur Baati Hum.”
Prachi Tehlan was born on Saturday, 2 October 1993 (age 27 years; as in 2020) in Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Libra.
Prachi did her schooling from Delhi’s Sachdeva Public School and Montfort Senior Secondary School. She attended Delhi’s Jesus and Mary College to pursue B.Com (Hons.). Thereafter, she completed her PG Diploma in Marketing Management from Ghaziabad’s Institute of Management Technology. She, then, did Masters in Business Administration (HR and Marketing) from Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Management Studies, GGSIP University, Delhi. She was good at sports since childhood. Tehlan played Basketball at the national level while she was still in school. During her college days, Prachi bagged the opportunity to play in the Indian Netball Team.
Height (approx.): 5′ 11″
Hair Colour: Brown
Eye Colour: Brown
Family & Caste
Prachi Tehlan belongs to a Jat Family. Prachi Tehlan
Parents & Siblings
Prachi’s father, Narendra Kumar is a businessman. Her mother, Poonam Tehlan is a homemaker. She has a younger brother, Sahil Tehlan (actor).
Husband & Relationships
Prachi got married to a Delhi-based businessman, Rohit Saroha on Saturday, 7 August 2020.
Prachi started her career as a Basketball player in 2002 by playing 2 sub junior nationals (under-14) in Pondicherry and Karnataka. She represented Delhi 8 times in under-17 category. Prachi represented Delhi 3 times in under-19 category and bagged first position in all the matches. In 2008, Prachi secured first rank in Basketball inter college competition.
While she was in college, Prachi got selected in the Netball team. She won a Gold Medal in 54th National Games. Prachi was the captain of the Indian Netball Team in the Commonwealth Games 2010. She even represented India in the 6th national cup in Singapore.
Prachi Tehlan started her acting career in 2016 with the TV serial, “Diya Aur Baati Hum” in which she played the role of ‘Arzoo Rathi.’
Subsequently, she played the lead in Star Plus’ TV serial, “Ikyawann.”
Prachi made her Punjabi film debut in 2017 with the film, “Arjan.” She, then, appeared in the Punjabi film, “Bailaras.” In 2019, she made her Malayalam film debut with the film, “Mamangam.”
- Food: Sushi
- Actor(s): Salman Khan, Ranbir Kapoor, Boman Irani, Gabriel Mach
- Actress(es): Julia Roberts, Priyanka Chopra, Madhuri Dixit, Cate Blanchett
- Film(s): Rehna Hai Tere Dil Mein (2001), 3 Idiots (2009), Titanic (1997)
- Musician(s): Lata Mangeshkar, Pitbull, Avril Lavigne, Justin Timberlake
- Book(s): Twilight Series by Stephenie Meyer, The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold, The Boyfriend by Michael Reid
- Author(s): Chetan Bhagat, Ruskin Bond
- Athlete(s): Mary Kom, Deepa Malik, Saina Nehwal, Satnam Singh
- Colour(s): Red, Black
- Perfume(s): Red Door by Elizabeth Arden, Azure Breeze by Autograph
- Destination(s): Dubai, Europe, Goa
- Her hobbies include reading and travelling.
- Her maternal grandmother was also a sportswomen.
- She is often spotted drinking alcohol on various occasions.
View this post on Instagram
A post shared by PRACHI TEHLAN (@prachitehlan) on
- Prachi has remained the brand ambassador of Netball Development Trust of the United Kingdom and NAZ Foundation of Delhi.
- She has supported underprivileged children and young girls to make a career in sports.
- Prachi never wanted to become an actress. It was only after Shweta Bishnoi’s (creative director of ‘Diya Aur Baati Hum’) acting offer that she decided to become an actress.
- Tehlan has also worked in Development Bank of Singapore, Deloitte, Philips, 1800 Sports and Accenture.
- She is an avid animal lover and has a pet dog, Bruno.
- For her feats in Netball, Prachi is fondly known as “Queen of The Court” and “Lass of The Rings.”
- Her friends and family lovingly call her Puch, Pucchi, Prada, and Pacchan.