Last Updated on March 13, 2023
Monica Chaudhary is an Indian actress who is known for playing the role of Kinchi in the Bollywood film Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar (2023).
Monica Chaudhary was born on Wednesday, 6 September 1995 (age 27 years; as of 2022) in New Delhi. Her zodiac sign is Virgo. In an interview, she said that she was born to her parents after 17 years of marriage, so her parents were protective of her. When she was in school, she used to attend other curriculum activities including judo, arts, and dance class. When she was in class 12, she participated in the fresh face competition but did not win it. The judges of the competition told her that she should try anchoring or radio jockey. After finishing school, she wanted to become a wedding planner, interior designer, RJ, and anchor but ended up becoming an actor.
Height (approx.): 5′ 5″
Hair Colour: Black
Eye Colour: Black
Figure Measurements (approx.): 34-25-34
Parents & Siblings
Monica’s father is a police officer and her mother is a homemaker.
She was a theatre artist before she became an actor. She joined the Asmita theatre group and studied acting under Shri Arvind Gaur for four years before her moving to Mumbai to become an actor. She started earning money by teaching theatre in a government school and conducting workshops.
In 2018, she was featured in a Sunfeast commercial for ‘Mother’s Day.’ She was featured in an advertisement for Gaana, a music streaming platform from Times Internet.
She made her debut in 2021 with the film Radhe. In 2023, she appeared in the film Tu Jhoothi Main Makkaar and played the role of Kinchi.
She made her debut in 2018 in the TV series Apharan and played the role of Anusha Tyagi. She has appeared in other TV series including Dark 7 White (2020), Rudrakaal (2021), Good Bad Girl (2022), and Salt City (2022).
- Actor(s): Nawazuddin Siddiqui, Manoj Bajpai, Ranbir Kapoor, Ranveer Singh
- Actress: Alia Bhatt
- Drink: Lassi
- She follows a non-vegetarian diet.
- She likes interior designing and sketching.
- She has the word ‘Karma’ inked on her belly.
- In an interview, she revealed that when she went to practice in theatre, her father stopped her from going by not giving her pocket money. Her family did not support her much because they had orthodox thinking.
- When she shifted to Mumbai, she faced a lot of hardship including having no money to buy food. Her friends from the theatre gave her money to buy food. She used to give four to five auditions in a day but received rejection every time.
- After living in Mumbai for some time, she received offers for modelling and web shows which made her parents proud and they started supporting her.
- In 2018, she got a call from casting director Vicky Sidana who liked her performance in the ALTBalaji series Apharan. He told her that he wanted to work with her on a film. She told him that she was ready to work with him but due to the Covid-19 pandemic, she did not get any opportunity from him. During the lockdown, she was asked to audition for a role, so she gave a self-test and four to five rounds of auditions.
- She told him she was open to the opportunity, but due to Covid-19, she did not get a call from him. Amidst the Covid-19 pandemic, she again received a call from him and he asked her to audition for a role. She gave a self-test and then gave four to five rounds of auditions. Later, she met Luv Ranjan and gave a screen test, after which she was shortlisted for a role. In an interview, she talked about the difficulties of being an outsider and said,
When you’re an outsider, half the battle is to just prove to the world that you’re worth it and that you have talent. Usually, nobody wants to risk taking a chance with a newcomer. I am extremely grateful that Luv sir took that chance.”
- In 2022, she gained 20 kilos for the TV series Salt City to play the role of Ela Bajpai.
- In an interview, she said that she is very scared of lizards.
- In an interview, she revealed that she drowned in the Ganga river while shooting for Apharan, but was saved by the lifeguards.